• TERMS OF USE
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Sudans Post
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي
No Result
View All Result
Sudans Post
No Result
View All Result

River transport resumes in Jonglei after blockage cleared

Moses Duom Dier, chairman of the Boats Union, confirmed to Sudans Post on Tuesday that river transport had resumed after authorities cleared a blockage along the Nile River in Jonglei State, restoring a key route for the movement of goods and passengers.

by Sudans Post
August 18, 2026
Water transportation along the River Nile in parts of Jonglei State has resumed after a suspension over security concerns last month.

Water transportation along the River Nile in parts of Jonglei State has resumed after a suspension over security concerns last month.

BOR — Commercial river transport has resumed along the River Nile in South Sudan’s Jonglei State following the removal of a blockage that had disrupted the movement of boats along the waterway.

The clearance has allowed commercial vessels to resume movement, easing transportation challenges for traders and communities that rely on river routes to move people and goods.

Moses Duom Dier, chairman of the Boats Union, confirmed to Sudans Post on Tuesday that river transport had resumed after authorities cleared a blockage along the Nile River in Jonglei State, restoring a key route for the movement of goods and passengers.

“At least 19 commercial boats departed Bor Port in recent days following the removal of the blockade, which had reportedly been imposed by suspected civilians in Twic East County,” Duom said.

Duom said the convoy carrying assorted commodities has already reached Shambe in Lakes State and is continuing northward.

“The vessels are traveling to multiple destinations, including Fangak, Panyijiar, Malakal, and Bentiu, carrying goods such as flour, cooking oil, and onions.”

He also said boats transporting fish, women, and children from Upper Nile arrived safely in Bor.

He thanked the government for clearing the blockage and facilitating the reopening of the waterway.

Duom expressed hope that the resumption of normal river traffic would improve livelihoods and boost trade among affected communities.

The Nile River serves as a vital transportation corridor for communities in Upper Nile, Unity, and other parts of South Sudan, particularly during periods when road access is limited.

River transport is a key supply route in South Sudan, where poor road infrastructure often makes the Nile the main corridor for the movement of food, fuel, and other goods between Juba and northern parts of the country.

 

Share this:

  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window) LinkedIn
  • Share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Pinterest

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sudans Post

Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.

SUDANS POST

  • ABOUT US
  • Client Portal
  • Client Portal
  • CONTACT US
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • LoginPress
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE
  • TERMS OF USE

RECENT NEWS

  • River transport resumes in Jonglei after blockage cleared
  • Early marriage, pregnancy threaten girls’ health, gender minister warns

SUBSCRIBE TO SUDANS POST

Get the news delivered right into your inbox and subscribe!

Loading
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS OF USE
  • ETHICS COMMITTEE
  • SUBMITTING AN ARTICLE

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • NEWS
    • SOUTH SUDAN
    • SUDAN
    • REGION
  • EDUCATION
  • CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
  • PRESS RELEASES
  • OPINIONS & ANALYSES
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • عربي

Copyright © 2019–2025 Sudans Post - All rights reserved.

Skip to toolbar
  • About WordPress
    • About WordPress
    • Get Involved
    • WordPress.org
    • Documentation
    • Learn WordPress
    • Support
    • Feedback
  • Log In