JUBA, JANUARY 16TH 2023 (SUDANS POST) – Former Western Equatoria State Minister of Information Charles Kisanga who was kidnapped last week by men in SSPDF has been freed after being held hostage for at least two days.
Charles was kidnapped by men in South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF) uniform on Wednesday morning after telling wife that he had a meeting with a man identified as Jackson Gamu, according to Suzanne Kisanga, the former minister’s wife.
“My husband left in the morning with one of his friends and after they arrived there, someone came with a car, apparently the one who was supposed to have a meeting with him, and asked him to get into a car and they drove him away and never returned to me,” she told Sudans Post on Thursday last week.
Speaking to Sudans Post following his release on Saturday, Charles confirmed that he had been freed, but said he won’t speak to the media regarding who and why he was kidnapped as he continue to follow up about his kidnapping with authorities.
“Thanks for your concerns and prayers. I was freed this evening and am well. I would like to correct news circulating that NSS kidnapped me. Am sure NSS and the Government were not involved,” the former minister said.
“I will make full statement when am given the protection and permission of the Government to do so,” he added.