JUBA – A senior South Sudan opposition official has declared his support to the SPLM-IO Kitgwang faction led by General Simon Gatwech Dual. Andrew Kuong, an advisor on political affairs and former minister of information of Unity state said he has abandoned Machar in the below statement because he has not been able to protect the people of South Sudan from President Salva Kiir Mayardit’s government.
He also alleged that Machar has failed in his leadership for the last 30 years. Below is his full statement that was extended to Sudans Post!
PRESS STATEMENT FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
27 August 2021
REF: DECLARATION OF SUPPORT FOR KITGWANG, MAGENIS DECLARATION AUG. 3, 2021, BY 1ST. LT. GENERAL SIMON GATWECH DUAL, THE FORMER CHIEF OF GENERAL STAFF OF SPLA-IO AND THE LEADER OF KITGWANG DECLARATION OF AUGUST 3RD, 2021,
I, Andrew Kuong Ruay-Lam Jany; advisor of SPLM/A-IO on Political Parties Affairs, hereby support the KitGwang declaration, Magenis HQRs! By the former general Chief of Staff of SPLM/A-IO, 1st Lt Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual, now the Interim Chairman and C-in-C of SPLM/A-IO and Lt Gen. Johnson Olony Thabo and Gen. Thomas Mabor Dhol.
Dr Riek has failed us for 30 years and felt short of progress to his own call of Nasir Declaration of 1991 for the vision of the Independent for the people of South Sudan now champion by his political opponents, and that change not to our favour. Dr Riek had failed to protect the Nuer and South Sudanese People as South Sudan has turned to be a stateless country. I now totally withdrawn my confidence and adherence from the leadership of Dr Riek Machar Tenydhorgon with immediate effect for the following reasons:
- Dr Riek failed to lead the People‘s movement, The SPLM/A-IO, the National Movement for South Sudanese marginalised people, established in Nasir 2014 with objectives to liberate South Sudan from the Tribal Government led by President Salva Kiir Mayardit and the Jieng Council of Elders JCE, who committed heinous crimes against the Nuer people in 2013, and that massacred continued to all parts of South Sudan.
- Dr Riek have literally surrendered to the tribal government led by tribal president Salva Kiir Mayardit and the Jieng council of elders JCE, under the pretext of going into Juba to pursue the implementation of the R-ARCSS, that should begin with the security arrangement which has now collapsed and totally failed completely, as it end up of proportional rate between Kiir and Dr Riek, leaving the entire people of the south Sudan without hope for a democratically change under a popular federal South Sudan, where the 64 nationals see themselves cater for. Dr Riek, instead of pushing for the implementation of the Revitalised Peace Agreement as the leader of the movement, nevertheless allowed himself replaced and relinquished power/leadership to his Wife Angelina Thomas Kuma Kan, making all these mess and spearheading, side-lining, edging out senior members/generals, both political and military leadership of SPLM/A-IO. Sitting as minister of Defense, with no capacity and experiences, nor skills to occupied such a technical position, just simply being the wife of the chairman and C-in-C and pretends and conceitedly leading armed “Mathiang Anyour militia” of Kiir and the JCE for nearly two years when IO forces still suffering outside at training camps and cantonments areas, and subjected to attacks by the government she and her husband Dr Riek represent as first vice president and minister of Defense. Civil servants of IO are still have no future back to services in this peace agreement. Citizen still in POCS in Juba and other towns of South Sudan without hope of returning to their homes. This is just an example of Khartoum peace Agreement of 1998, when Dr Riek was the assistance President of Sudan and president of southern Sudan Council, while pursuing the KTA, SSIM/A, and SSDF were subjected to attacks by Sudan Government forces.
- Angelina Thomas, is becoming an agent used by the regime to dismantle SPLM/A-IO, appointed and recruited her the minister of Defense in order to water down the security arrangement and the graduation of what should become the new national army of the South Sudan, whereby all 64 tribes should have been represented. The recent attack of Magenis was a plan to eliminate and to kill Lt. Gen Simon Gatwech Dual, Gen. Thomas Mabior Dhol and Lt. Gen. Johnson Olony, to silence the Kitgwang declaration a purpose of dismantling IO forces, in order to derail the implementation of the security arrangement, dismantling cantonments of IO forces all over the South Sudan and used proxy war against to finish up the remaining forces that still have hope in different fields, around 3 Equatorian states, western Bar-el-Gazel, and upper Nile, the invasion of Pagak IO HQs.
- the people of the southern area of the greater Leer, Dok Nyang, Geah Koi, Nyuong Dool Loony people and Haak Bakol had been subjected to killing and totally destroyed and ethnically cleansed beyond normal and absconded to marshes (toich) due to Dr. Riek’s weak and reluctance leadership, with the reason that he hails from Dok people. My advice to my Dok community that it is about time to disassociate ourselves from Dr Riek Leadership which utterly failed, for he has done many mistakes and mismanagement movements since the Nasir faction. Dr Riek permitted himself to be diluted by Kiir and ‘Kiirites’, and accepted to follow others who were against him, calling him a betrayal of the history of the struggle. Dr Riek accepted to just follow when he was the one fore headed the vision for the independent of South Sudan which is now hijacked and stolen and championed by the JCE. The SPLM/A in 1991 to liberate South Sudan to independent but Dr Riek contradicted himself by returning back to SPLM/A in 2002, declaration of the so called SPDF and now the soul saviour of SPLM/A which had collapsed and signed up to save SPLM live with Arusha reunion. Dr Riek has lost vision, of course he is not any longer the major target to the enemy, not any more for his ambition becoming the next president of South Sudan not any longer. He has given up that hope, we sincerely followed him for but now completely retired from that future determination and that was why we intended to support. Dr Riek and his wife have no interest to do anything to Dok people in particular and other parts of the greater Leer and Bentiu in general, the Nuer people at large.
- Dr Riek has given up to lead people peace of the R-ARCSS as it has been distorted and many changes made by Salva Kiir Mayardit between his eyes, due to his weakness. There will be a need of a total review of the R-ARCSS, including the power share over those changes, where all the opposition parties and movement included. We the Nuer people in particular and South Sudanese at large, support the new chairman and C-in-C Lt. Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual, for it is the only hope for our objective goals can be achieved, R-ARCSS is not renegotiable, the struggle will continue,.
- South Sudanese politicians must agree to form a National army during the time of struggle outside a regime, because army involvement is a human rights issue as we volunteer as freedom fighters, all the political parties/movements should now come together and create an umbrella alliance with one national military wing.
- Dr Riek and Madam Angelina must stop trying to crash Magenis using these boys for her personal interest (forces). Attack at Magenis to silence the declaration will not help Dr Riek in his situation for he allowed himself to be locked in when he was in the position to protest to IGAD, AU and the UN, not to pursue the implementation in Juba rather when he was still outside.
- I call up our brothers the Nuer or others being misled by Dr Riek and his wife to stop attacking the HQs of Lt. Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual and other places that declared their support to the new formation of SPLM/A-IO with immediate effect and some types of reconciliation be established as soon as possible. Angelina Thomas being use and became the Gateway to water down the peace agreement for her person interest. There is no hope with Dr Riek and Angelina Thomas to the implementation this peace agreement, especially the security arrangement is now unlikely to happen between our eyes.
Kitgwang, Magenis declaration of by Lt. Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual and his colleagues is the only hope for us, to inject new energy into the movement SPLM/A-IO under new leadership led by Lt. Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual, the C-in-C SPLM/A-IO.
- I would like to urge all the South Sudanese in opposition to come together under an umbrella organisation such as the South Sudan National Democratic Alliance SSNDA and SSNDF, where the future national army of South Sudan be established without prejudice, founded on solid ground from outside tribal regime of Kiir so that all the 64 tribes are represented and be part of the struggle. KitGwang, Magenis declaration is a new National new pathway for nationals (64 tribes) of South Sudan create a new way to rejuvenate the south Sudan struggle which started from 1955 for the independent from foreign and internal colonisers, with a decentralise policy of federal system in South Sudan. I call upon my clan Dok Nuer People and my relatives, especially the greater leer, youth and intellectuals to abandon Dr Riek failed leadership and join our brother South Sudanese to struggle for the independent of South Sudan
I appeal to all formers of SPLM/A-IO who defected to Kiir with the reason of mismanagement of Dr Riek Machar Tenydhorgon leadership to return to their mother movement SPLM/A-IO, the reconstruct the people’s movement under Lt. Gen. Simon Gatwech Dual, the champion of KitGwang declaration Magenis HQs.
“Eluta continua”. Struggle continue!
Sign: Andrew Kuong
Andrew Kuong Ruay-Lam Jany,
CDR commissioned by the declaration of Akobo 2000 (Brig. Gen. SPLA 2006 commissioned by government of Southern of Sudan ROSS))
Advisor on Political Parties Affairs, SPLM/A-IO
Former: Minister of Health, Unity State, Bentiu, government of Southern Sudan
Minister of Information and Communication Unity State, Bentiu, government of Southern Sudan,
Secretary General, South Sudan Democratic Forum,
Member of National Transitional Constitutional Review Commission, NTCRC,
Co-founder and a think tank of declaration of the 16 commanders signed up for the Upper Nile Transitional Military Command Council, UNTMCC, Waat 1999.
Co-founder of the South Sudan Liberation Movement/Army convention, Waat 2000.
Mobile no: +447852117482
Home no: +442072844585.