JUBA – Egyptian authorities in Cairo have arrested and are investigating a group of racist criminals who attacked this week a South Sudanese boy along with her sisters, according to the Egyptian embassy in Juba.
Earlier this week, a footage on social media in which a Egyptian man could be seen forcing him to wash dishes at home while uttering racists insults.
The boy said in an interview with a Cairo-based social media evangelist Marco Deng that they were traveling in a Toktok when Egyptian criminals stopped them and got them out of the Toktok along with his sisters.
They were then taken, according to him, to an apartment where the criminals forced his sister to be filmed naked.
Egyptian authorities were tracing down the criminals during the beginning of the week, according to reliable sources.
In a statement on Tuesday, the Egyptian embassy in Juba condemned the attack and registered its rejection of the illegal practice which it said does not represent the moral values between the two people.
The embassy further announced that the Egyptian authorities have apprehended the criminals and an investigation was ongoing in preparation for accountability based on Egyptian laws which prohibits attacks against foreigners.
“The embassy emphasizes its total rejection of such unjust behavior, which does not distinguish between an Egyptian and a South Sudanese, whether they are in Egypt or in South Sudan,” the embassy said in the statement seen by Sudans Post.
“The Embassy also wishes to pay tribute to the Egyptian security services that quickly arrested and submitted the aggressors for investigation, in preparation for their accountability in accordance with Egyptian law,” the statement said.