JUBA – An explosion in South Sudan’s capital Juba has destroyed some business items at Hai Referendum on Tuesday evening, according to some eyewitnesses who spoke to Sudans Post.
One eyewitness who identified himself as Michael Wani said the explosion was caused when some plastic bottles filled with petrol and diesel caught fire after a man smoking cigarette dropped the burning cigarette.
“The explosion started when a certain guy from those of boda-boda riders dropped a piece of burning cigarette after smoking. The guy didn’t know that the thing will court fire,” the eyewitness said from Juba on phone.
Another eyewitness confirmed the explosion, and said a number of business items have been damaged and a number of people sustained minor injuries.
“Some items from the businesses around caught fire and were destroyed. Only a few people have been wounded and no one died,” the eyewitness said, adding that “no one from the fire brigade shown up when the explosion ended.