JUBA – South Sudan government has expressed sadness over the death of the emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, who passed away on Tuesday in the United States after several years of sickness.
Yesterday, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad who had been evacuated to the United States for unknown sickness which he has been suffering from for a very long time died and his body was flown home this morning.
In a statement to Sudans Post this afternoon, Stephen Lual Ngor, the spokesman of South Sudan Patriotic Movement and information Secretary for South Sudan Opposition Alliance (SSOA) said on behalf of vice-president Hussein Abdelbaggi that he is saddened with the demise of the Kuwait ruler.
“This morning, I communicated with His Highness Marzouq Al-Ghanim, Speaker of the Kuwaiti National Assembly, and offered the South Sudan’s full condolences on behalf of vice-president Hussein Abdelbaggi on the death of the Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah,” Lual who has ties with most Gulf leaders told Sudans Post from Juba on phone.
Lual further said he also passed the condolence of the leader of SSPM Dr. Castillo Garang to the Kuwaiti government adding that they also welcome the “selection of the Crown Prince, the Amir, Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, as the successor.”
Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.