JUBA — South Sudan Vice President for Service Custer, Hussein Abdelbagi Akol, has directed South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF) and opposition Sudan People’s Liberation Army in Opposition (SPLA-IO) forces to vacate civilian buildings being occupied by them with immediate effect.
The Ceasefire Transitional Security Arrangement Monitoring and Verification Mechanism (CTSAMVM) said both government and opposition forces are still occupying civilian buildings.
CTSAM said the South Sudan People’s Defense Force and the SPLA-IO forces are still occupying ten buildings although two have been vacated so far.
The buildings these forces are illegally occupying include schools, hospitals, and homes mostly in the Upper Nile and Equatoria region.
Abdelbagi made this directive during the launch of the Safe Schools Declaration guideline in Juba on Monday.
Abdelbagi warned members of public and organized forces against illegally occupying educational facilities
“It is import for all of us to evacuate all the institutions of learning under the occupation of all army groups. The building should be evacuated now and not tomorrow,” he said.
Lt. Gen. Rabi Mujung, member of South Sudan People’s Defense Force to body monitoring ceasefire, CTASMVM said the soldiers occupying civilians’ houses and the public buildings will vacate in December.
Gen. Mujung said the SSPDF and SPLA-IO forces are working together to ensure all buildings occupied are vacated before the end of this year.
Sudans Post is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Sudan, South Sudan and East Africa, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the two countries and the region.